TMJ and bruxism can affect your daily life negatively in many ways. It can cause a lack of sleep or even earaches and headaches. TMJ mouth guards can help solve or relieve some of these issues. Finding the right one can be a difficult task if you aren’t sure what to look for. Below is a guide for the best night guard for TMJ.
10. Dental Guard SMARTGUARD ELITE
The Dental Guard SMARTGUARD ELITE was created by a dentist who specialized in treating TMJ for over 20 years. The design is similar to professional guards, unlike the over the counter tray ones. This TMJ mouth guard only covers the front 6 to 8 teeth and keeps the back teeth separated. It even won an award for its effectiveness and quality.
- Created by a dentist that treated TMJ for over 20 years.
- It comes with a 1-year replacement promise.
- With the front tooth design, it keeps the back teeth separated without anything touching them, so clenching doesn’t happen.
- Soft inner layer with a firm bottom layer.
- Less bulky than full tray mouth guards.
- It can be molded to the mouth for a custom fit.
- Received the Women’s Choice Award for Quality and Effectiveness in BPA and Latex-free.
9. Neomen Mouth Guard for Grinding Teeth
The Neomen Mouthguard is a multipurpose mouth guard that you can use for teeth whitening, sports, and at night for teeth grinding or jaw clenching. It doesn’t come preset like some guards and allows you to make your teeth impressions by using boiling water. It is also BPA free.
- BPA free.
- It is molded to your mouth by using boiling water.
- Able to be remolded as much as you need since it is DIY.
- It comes with four guards total, two small guards, and two large guards, catering to both adults and youths.
- Multipurpose use, you can use it also as teeth whitening tray, sports guard for sport-related activities, as well as the mouth guard.
- It also comes with a case for storing. 30-day guarantee.
8. SmartGuard Elite Dental Guard
The SmartGuard Elite Dental Guard was designed by a dentist who treated TMJ for most of his career. It works by covering the front teeth and making sure the back teeth don’t touch, so there is no clenching or grinding of the jaw. It’s BPA and Latex-free. It also comes with a 3-year guarantee to last and withstands quality.
- FDA Approved.
- Made in the USA. BPA and Latex Free.
- Guaranteed to last up to 3 years, or it can be replaced.
- It comes with a case.
- Customizable fit with molding instructions.
- The soft inner layer and firm bottom for long-lasting and to prevent grinding.
- Front tooth design to keep your back teeth from touching.
- Designed by a dentist who treated TMJ for over 20 years.
7. Moldable Mouth Guard for Grinding Teeth
The Moldable Mouth Guard for Grinding Teeth made by Leesgel is a multipurpose night guard for TMJ. It works by boiling water and making impressions from your teeth, ensuring a proper fit. It can also function as a tooth whitening tray and an athletic guard. It’s BPA free. It’s even recommended by dentists and sold in dental clinics.
- It has multipurpose use as a whitening tray, athletic guard, and a night guard for teeth clenching and grinding.
- Sold in dental clinics and recommended by dentists.
- Moldable and customizable by using boiling water.
- BPA free and FDA approved. Water-resistant.
6. Oxygen Swiss Lab Professional Moldable Dental Guard
The Oxygen Swiss Lab Profession Moldable Dental Guard is perfect for those who are suffering from TMJ or bruxism. It relieves you of the symptoms commonly associated with TMJ, allowing you to get a peaceful night’s sleep. It comes with four mouth guards with two different sizes and is customizable for the best fit possible.
- Medical grade silicone BPA free.
- It comes with mouth guards, 2 for adults and 2 for children.
- It also comes with a case.
- Functions as a tooth whitening tray and athletic guard too.
- Remoldable and customizable by being able to make impressions using boiling water.
- Best Night Guard for Teeth Grinding Reviews
- Fat Fighters It Works Reviews
- Front Facing Baby Carriers Reviews
5. Mouth Guard for Grinding Teeth
The Mouth Guard for Grinding Teeth by Alayna is designed to help with symptoms associated with bruxism and TMJ. It’s versatile in that you can use this mouth guard for whitening your teeth or even as an athletic guard for when you’re playing sports. It molds to your teeth to ensure proper alignment.
- Moldable design for a custom fit.
- Made with quality materials for long-lasting wear.
- Latex and BPA free.
- It can be used as an athletic guard or a teeth whitening tray.
- It includes three mouth guards that can be cut down to size.
- It’s made of soft material for maximum comfort. It can be worn on either your bottom or top teeth.
4. JS Dental Lab Custom Dental Night Guard
JS Dental Lab makes you a custom night guard for TMJ with their kit. You take the impressions and send it back to them, and they will make you a custom guard, you even get to pick the thickness! It is made of latex and BPA free materials.
- 1-year replacement guarantee. Latex and BPA free.
- Lasts up to 5 years, depending on teeth grinding severity.
- Fully customizable with size and thickness, as it’s sent out to a lab once you complete the impressions.
3. Kids Mouth Guard for Grinding Teeth
The Kids Mouth Guard for Grinding Teeth by Leesgel is designed to help children who suffer from TMJ or teeth clenching. It also acts as an athletic guard and teeth whitening tray. It’s moldable and able to be cut to fit the size and shape of your mouth. It’s made with safe FDA approved materials and is BPA free.
- BPA free. FDA approved.
- Customizable to match your mouth shape, size, and teeth alignment by using boiling water.
- It comes with four guards and a case for storage.
2. SOVA Aero 1.6mm Night Guard Custom-Fit Dental Mouth Guard
The Sova Aero nightguard helps prevent and relieve symptoms related to TMJ and clenching. It’s made with non-toxic materials and is 1.6mm thick to withstand heavy grinding. You are also able to drink while wearing it due to the way it’s designed!
- Customizable up to 20 times by using boiling water.
- It is made of thicker and harder non-toxic materials to withstand even the heaviest grinding.
- It can be used with braces.
1. Reejoys Mouth Guard for Teeth Grinding
The Reejoys Mouth Guard helps stop teeth and TMJ symptoms, allowing the user to get a good night’s sleep. It’s a customizable guard that can be remolded for a perfect fit. It also has two other functions, like teeth whitening tray and an athletic guard. Ranked the best night guard for TMJ by dentists.
- Four mouth guards included 2 for adults and 2 for children.
- Customizable by using boiling water to get the proper impressions.
- It can be used as a teeth whitening tray and sports guard.
- It comes with a case as well.