No matter if it is a whole home central vac system or a garage utility vac system choosing the best central vacuum systems for your individual needs can be a tough chore. These systems all share a fundamental commonality but the level of features and options offered can vary widely. These systems can help you keep your home or garage cleaner and healthier with better efficiency and less hassle. Let’s take a moment to look at 8 of the best central vacuum systems on the market and why you should consider them for your home or garage.
8. Allegro MU4500 Champion – 6,000 Square Foot Home Central Vacuum System 35 Foot Electric Hose
This central vac system is an all in one cleaning solution for your entire home. The unit has a whopping 600 air watts of power and can dole out 140.8” water lift suction and a full 124.1 CFM air flow. The 5.7” fan provides enough suction to pull dirt and grime up and out of your surface easily. The unit features a 5-gallon capacity and a 35 electric hose. The entire kits also includes the power head floor unit, dust mop, garage kit with 25’ hose, tool caddy and more. The unit also has an exhaust muffler system that helps to keep the sound as low as possible. The filter is perma-mounted self-cleaning maintenance free with a filtration capacity of 3 micrometers.
- A full cleaning system that includes a garage hose, dust mop, and more
- 5.7’ fan unit with an exhaust muffler provides huge power and incredible suction for even the heaviest of cleaning tasks
- Wet/dry vac system can pick up the nastiest of messes easily
7. OVO Powerful Central Vacuum System
What sets this unit apart from others on the market, other than it superior brand name status is the powerful 2 stage motor and the solid steel body that pumps through an incredible 700 air watts of power to deliver massive cleaning power while still maintaining a quiet environment. The 3 second soft stop delay system keeps the motor running for 3 full seconds to pull dirt and debris out of the hose and piping to prevent it from building up on the floors and bends of the tract. This help prevent blockages and extends the time between services.
Triple layer filtration keeps the air in your home as clean as the surfaces. First stage self-cleaning perma-filter, second stage washable permanent filter, and finally 3 micro filtration dust bag in the collection bin. The 35L bottom mount easy access dust bin makes emptying the unit a breeze when the time comes, and the massive size of the bin means you can empty less often. The deluxe cleaning kit which is also available includes a wide variety of tools and wands to help make keeping your home or businesses clean easier.
- Triple filtration system to eliminate 99.9978% of dust pass through into the air
- 3 second soft stop delay to keep the hoses and ducts clear of dirt and debris
- Powerful 700 air watts dual stage motor with solid steel body
6. PurePower 500 Air Watts Central Vacuum System Power Unit
This 500 air watt central vacuum system from industry leader PurePower is ideal for homes up to 4000 square feet and offers a durable solution for easy surface cleaning. The sizable 6-gallon bin only needs to be emptied once every 5-6 months on average with standard use. The bin is lined with a disposable self-filtering bag that includes carrying handles to make it easier to empty. Debris pail has flip open handles for easy access to the bin and the bag inside.
The patented multi-direction vacuum connection makes installation easier even in small garages, cramped basements, or tiny utility rooms no matter the tightness of the space. Unique sound suppression system eliminates the need for an exhaust muffler to be installed. Despite the powerful motor, the maximum sound disruption is only 70db, compared to over 120db on many other leading units of similar power and size. Wall mount bracket makes installation a simple task. Also available in a 550 and 650 air watt models for larger homes.
- Removable and disposable 6-gallon dust bag fits securely inside the easy open bin and provides for up to 6 months of vacuuming between needing to be emptied.
- QuietPower motor limits sound to only 70db and needs no exhaust muffler system
- Multiconnection vacuum system allows easy mounting in even the tightest of spaces
5. Electrolux PU3650 QuietClean Central Vacuum Unit
This amazing central vacuum unit offers the type of superior cleaning you would expect to find in a system with the name Electrolux on it and does so in a powerful but highly cost-efficient package. The two-stage by-pass motor and 5.7″ fan give you all the power that you need to clean your entire home with ease. The true HEPA triumph filtration system is self-cleaning and catches particles as small as 2 micrometers. Mounting bracket and exhaust muffler are included.
The extra large dustbin holds up to 5 gallons and is bagless, but also has the option to use a self-filtering disposable dirtbag. The dirt bin is large enough to only need to be empty once every three months. This unit is rated for effective cleaning for homes up to 8000 SqFt. This unit does not come with accessories or tools, this is the power unit only, but it is compatible with most major bands of hoses and other accessories thanks to universal connect adaptor kits sold online.
- True HEPA filtration system catches particles as small as 2 micrometers
- The powerful unit is rated for homes up to 8000 square feet and has a large 5-gallon bagless bust bin with optional paper liner
- Two-stage by-pass motor and 5.7-inch fan offer up huge suction to pull even the smallest particles of ground in dirt out of your surfaces, even in no beater brush mode on your powerhead.
4. Prolux CV12000 Central Vacuum Power Unit
Perhaps the best unit on this list is the Prolux CVThis central vacuum unit offers a massive 12,000 square foot capacity in a device that is small enough to fit in a broom closet. The two-stage motor has the industry best warranty, a full 10 years, and rest of the vacuum is covered by a 25-year warranty. The all steel construction features a powder coat scratch resistant finish that ensures that it looks as great as it performs for many years to come.
The Amtek 2-stage motor offers a virtually unheard of level of power, a full 150 CFM! The garage outlet allows for direct use of the hose for cleaning cars or tidying up the garage or basement. The bagless dirt bin has a clear view window to check the amount of space left. This unit offers a bagless dirt system that also provides true full HEPA three-stage filtration.
- Bagless dirt system with clear view window holds up to 4 months of debris between needing to be emptied
- 12,000 SqFt power for large homes or extra power cleaning in smaller ones
- 10-year warranty on the Amtek motor and 25 years on all steel parts
3. Electrolux 4B-H403 Honeywell Central Vacuum System Power Unit
The Honeywell Central Vacuum System has long been a recognized leader in the market, and now that legendary name is brought to you by Electrolux, the industry leader in high-efficiency home vacuum cleaning products. The 4B-H403 is the latest evolution of the hugely popular 4B series. The heavy-duty steel body has a powder-coated scratch resistant finish. The power unit does not require venting due to the revolutionary self-exhausting design.
No muffler is needed thanks to the patented sound reduction system that gives you whisper quiet performance as compared to other units of similar power, but still delivers 500 air watts at 110 inches of suction. The easy empty dirt bin is bagless but can use an optional paper liner if you choose. The bin has a view window and holds a large 4-gallon capacity allows for up to three months between emptyings. Self-cleaning HEPA Triumph filter system means the air in your home will be as clean as the surfaces of your home. Ideal for homes up to 3000 SqFt.
- 4-gallon bagless dustbin only needs to be emptied once every 3 months and has a view window
- 500 air watts of power at 110 inches of suction
- Self-cleaning True HEPA Triumph permanent mounted filter system
2. Bissell Garage Pro Wall-Mounted Wet Dry Car Vacuum/Blower With Auto Tool Kit
This system is awesome. One of the nicest things about it is the hand vac attachment that is available optionally. This isn’t what you would call a traditional central vac system in the fact that it is not designed to be ducted through your home with powered inlet ports. This is designed specifically for your garage, basement, or workshop. The system can be attached to a ducted positive suction system at your workbenches if you choose, or you can use the 32’ hose to get anywhere you need to in your garage or basement or even a good distance outside. The attachments make cleaning up your workspace, driveway, or car a snap. The 4-gallon semi-translucent dirt bin is super easy to empty and holds a lot of dirt, dust, debris, and sawdust. The unit can convert to a blower is needed as well.
- Converts to a blower if needed
- Long 32’ hose gets to everywhere you need to be
- Variety of attachments includes and optional hand vac for cars and trucks
1. Hoover Vacuum Cleaner GUV ProGrade Garage Wall Mounted Utility Vacuum
The Hoover GUV (Garage Utility Vacuum) is the perfect way to add convenience and function to your garage, basement, or workshop. This unit, like the Bissell above, is not technically a central vacuum system since it is not intended for use in cleaning the home via ducting. This vac is for use in your utility area and provides you with a quick and easy way to clean up everything from packaging material to sawdust.
The unit has a powerful motor, 10 amps to be exact, a super long 30’ hose, and several attachments for almost every task. The bagless dustbin and self-cleaning filter mean that you will not only have more convenience, but save money over the life of the unit. The hose has a durable and easy to use hanging rack, and several optional attachments are available to further increase the functionality of the vacuum.
- Bagless dustbin holds a full 5 gallons of debris
- Triple stage true HEPA filtration with Triumph filter system
- 10 amp powerful motor grabs even the smallest particles and has the power to pick up the largest chunks of debris as well